10 Ways To Prevent Bedbugs
#1 Beware; buying used furniture, especially upholstered furniture and or mattress and Box springs. Bed bug infestations are easily brought into homes with in used furniture.
#2 House Guests may bring bedbugs to your home. Friends and or Relatives that have stayed in a Hotel on their way to your home. Perhaps they have bedbugs at their home!
- When sleeping in a new bed, check for signs of their feces: small, black or dark brown dots on sheets or the mattress. (If you are in a hotel and find potential bedbug fecal matter, ask for a new room far from the original.)
- While bedbugs mostly hide out during the day, you may be able to spot the actual bug at night (using a flashlight may be helpful). Baby bedbugs are nearly invisible, but their older relatives are brown to red-brown and oval-shaped (see image on page one).
- Regularly inspect places where pet sleeping areas for signs of bedbugs.
- In some heavily infested areas, a “Sesame seed Size ” or ” Coriander seed ” odor may be present.
- If you suspect you’ve been exposed to bedbugs when traveling, clean out everything you traveled with. Vacuum out your suitcase and wash all clothes in hot water if possible, whether they are dirty or not. When traveling, leave your suitcases on hard surfaces if possible (rather than carpet or upholstered furniture).
- If you suspect there are bedbugs in your home, do not jump directly to pesticide application. Many pesticides, especially over-the-counter treatments, are ineffective in killing bedbugs and their Bed Bug EGGS, and only provide unnecessary chemicals in your living space. Professional steam or heat treatments kill eggs and adults (more information on next page).
- Make sure it is indeed bedbugs that are causing your bites before treating the problem. fleas , ticks, mites, mosquitoes, or allergic reactions may be the cause of the skin lesions. Identify we suggest a Bed Bug Passive trapping methods you can use to find and identify a bedbug.
- If you cannot find a bedbug, but suspect they are present, a “Canine bed bug sniffing dog” may help sniff-out the culprits. Bedbugbabe.com
- Do not put infested furniture on the street or in common areas, as that may spread the problem to other homes. If you do move infested furniture out of your house, place in a locked dumpster and label it as bedbug-infested. If you have infested furniture that is useful, you do not need to dispose of it; it can be cleaned and treated.
- Clear your clutter. “The most vulnerable people for pests are people who have a lot of clutter,” this Networx article advises. Having a non-cluttered home also makes treatment easier, as there are less objects to clean.
Never get rid of bed bugs in London without the help of a trained professional like the ones from Pest Control London. If you do it yourself bed bug control has led to multiple deaths and has cost people tens of thousands of extra dollars. From throwing away your furniture and treatments you can harm your family and others without the correct treatment.
Article provided by https://www.pantherpestcontrol.co.uk